Wednesday 14 August 2013

Andy Biersack Verbal Beat Down on Warped Tour


Andy Biersack, Black Veil Brides frontman, called out an audience member who was being disrespectful during the band´s Warped Tour set in San Antonio, Texas.


During a performance of ‘Let You Down,’ Andy Biersack called out a man in the San Antonio crowd who was making offensive remarks towards the band. Biersack even challenged the man to come up on stage while the crowd cheered and stood up for BVB.

After a 90 seconds speech, Black Veil Brides frontman decided to continue with the set.

Here’s the thing,” Biersack begins. “So when I used to come to Warped Tour when I was a kid, I used to see bands and I respect the shitt out of those bands on stage and sometimes little, tiny motherfuckers like you come to a show and you stand there. Then fucking come up here and show me how fucking big you are. Come the fuckup here. Come on. Part the way. Come on. You know what’s fucking tiny about you? It might not be your body, but you’ve got a small fucking mind, so go the fuck somewhere else. I get it, I get it: we’re not heavy enough for you, we wear makeup, we’re faggy, and we’re a shitty band. What you can do about that is walk the fuck over there and not fucking listen to us. When I was a kid and I used to come here, it wasn’t about your shitty, macho attitude; it was weird kids like me who got to have fun. So what you do is you fucking ruin all this shit ’cause you think you’re way too fucking cool. I don’t give a fuck about being cool, I care about being on this fucking stage. Here’s the difference: a little fag like me tried real hard and I’ve got a fucking band. You can fucking stand there with your fucking muscles and jerk off all fucking day while I play on this fucking stage. We here don’t give a fuck what you have to say, so I’m done with you. Unless you wanna come here and show me how fucking tough you are, I don’t give a fuck about you.”

This is not the first time that Biersack has to defend his band, a similar incident happened with the Revolver Golden Gods Awards of this year when Black Veil Brides received the “Song of the Year” award, given by Sebastian Bach, while raising a mainly negative reaction from the crowd. The band went on stage, already with a defensive attitude since they were already expecting this reaction, and responded to the haters saying “You motherfuckers should have voted for somebody because Black veil Brides won 3 years in a row” and with vocalist Andy Biersack affirming “I know you all hate us but I´m holding a heavy as shit award…”. Before even receiving this award, Biersack was interviewed by Fuse's TV Jack Osbourne where he gave his view on the haters – “We evoke a lot of emotion in people, so much that they pee in a bottle and throw it at me”.

Despite the hate at the Golden Gods, the band has received a lot of support from their fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment